Relec Electronics Ltd takes your privacy very seriously. This Privacy Notice is intended to set out your rights and answer any queries about your personal data. If you need any further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
1. What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and our products and when you buy goods from us or we buy goods from you. The personal data we process includes:
- Your name
- Your contact address, email address and/or phone number
- Your job title
- Your payment and delivery details, including billing and delivery addresses and credit/debit card details where you make payment to us by card.
- Information about the browser or device you use to access our website.
- Any other personal information you provide.
2. How do we use this information and what is the legal basis for its use?
We process the personal data listed in (1) above for the following purposes:
- As required to establish and fulfill a contract with you, for example if you buy from us, or we buy from you. This may include verifying your identity, taking or making payments, communicating with you, arranging delivery or other services. We require this information in order to enter into a contract with you and we are not able to do so without it
- To comply with any applicable laws or regulations.
- In accordance with our legitimate interests in protecting Relec Electronics Ltd‘s legitimate business interests and legal rights, including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulator and investigative purposes (including disclosure in connection with legal process or litigation.)
- With your express consent to respond to any comments or complaints we may receive from you and/or in accordance with our legitimate interests including to investigate any complaints received from you or from others about our website or our products or services.
- We may use information you provide to personalize our communications i) to you; ii) our website; and iii) products or services for you, in accordance with our legitimate interests.
- To monitor the use of our website. We may use your information to help us check, improve and protect our content, services and website in accordance with our legitimate interests.
- If you buy from us and pay by debit or credit card we will use the card information to process payment through our payment services provider in accordance with our legitimate interests.
- We may monitor any customer or supplier account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud or other crime in accordance with applicable law and our legitimate interests.
We may also send you direct marketing in relation to relevant products. Electronic direct marketing will only be sent where you have given your consent to receive it or (where this is allowed) you have been given an opportunity to opt-out. You will continue to be able to opt-out of electronic direct marketing at any time by following the instructions in the relevant communications.
3. With whom will we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data with the below third parties:
- Our professional advisors such as auditors and external legal and financial advisors
- Our suppliers and sub-contractors
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws Personal data may also be shared with third party service providers who will process it on behalf of Relec Electronics Ltd for the purposes above. Such third parties include, but are not limited to, providers of website hosting and maintenance.
In the event that our business, or any part of it, is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and those of any prospective purchaser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
4. How long will we keep your personal data?
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose for longer than is necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose. The nature of our business means that we may need to hold data for an extended period, for example when we are in a discussion period with a potential customer before we enter into a contract. We are also required to retain certain information as required by law or for as long as is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and enforce our terms and conditions.
Where you are a supplier or a customer, we will keep personal information gathered in the context of a contract for the duration of the contract and a then for a period of 6 years after the contract has expired or terminated, in case such personal information is required for the exercise or defence of a legal claim during this period.
We may retain your data for a short term beyond the specified retention period to allow for information to be reviewed and any deletion to take place. In some instances, laws may require Relec Electronics Ltd to hold certain information for specific periods other than those listed above.
5. Where is your data stored?
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
6. What are your rights in relation to your personal data?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by clicking on the unsubscribe button on any communication we have sent to you or by contacting us directly.
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.
You also have the right, with some exceptions and qualifications, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you may be able to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is resolved. In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your personal data
- By withdrawing your consent to use it
- If it is no longer necessary for us to use it
- If you object to the use of your personal data and we don’t have a good reason to continue to use it or
- If we haven’t handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.
LET’S MAKE THIS EASY. CALL 01929 555 700
why choose relec?
Our aim is to get back to you with an initial response within the hour.
Attention to detail
We pride ourselves on getting you the right product, at the right price and on time.
We are constantly looking for latest technology and products for your applications.
It’s not just about the product. Our service goes way beyond the norm.
We want to make your life as simple as it can be. Call us to find out what we can offer.